Data Operations Software Engineer
Job description, responsibilities and duties
- Join Cat Digital's exciting expansion into Slovakia and be a part of our dynamic team that is revolutionizing the heavy machinery industry through digital innovation. We are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about cutting-edge technologies and want to contribute to our global leadership in the field. Don't miss this opportunity to shape our newly forming presence and drive digital product development for a worldwide leader!
- localhost, a dynamic team of tech enthusiasts in Kosice, has partnered with us to serve top global brands. As a member of our growing team, you'll have the opportunity to join us at an exciting time and work on high-impact projects that redefine what's possible in the world of heavy machinery.
What will you do?
- As a Data Operations Software Engineer you will contribute to development, testing, deployment, maintenance, enhancement, and retirement of software systems and/or data capabilities as well as:
- • Implement monitoring, alarms, and observability within operations microservices to enable visibility to production issues.
• Development of alarms and runbooks to enable support of operations microservices to transition to tier I. and tier II. support teams.
• Engage with technical leads, engineers, and support teams to implement and improve operational capability
• Triaging incidents and defects, identifying root cause and taking corrective action to resolve
• Understand complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, with the ability to use this analysis to inform implementation and design of operational capabilities.
• Identify and implement test cases that show the correctness of the implementation, to include unit testing with coverage, integration testing, and smoke testing.
• Enhance and improve existing microservices to incorporate new functionality and/or improve existing capabilities without impacting the production environment.
• Document design and implementation details with sufficient quality to enable future enhancement efforts.
• Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
• Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- This position works directly with Slovakia based engineering leadership and Cat Digital IT in the US.
Employee perks and benefits
- No company bullshits
- Transparent approach and communication
- 3x localhost days and 3x sick days
- Flexible working arrangements
- Bonuses at every smashing life events
- Benefit plus budget
- Industry leading Pension plan
- Professional growth
- Supporting your ideas
Information about the selection process
- Your quest to revolutionize the future of heavy machinery awaits. Seize this epic opportunity and join us on a journey that will leave a mark on history! Together, we'll shape the world with fearless innovation and unstoppable grit.
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
Computer Science or another relevant field.
English – Upper intermediate (B2)
Experience in the position/sector
Experience in software engineering, tier II operations or AWS cloud development
Number of years of experience:
Personality requirements and skills
Experience with complex data models, data flows, and grief handling
• Demonstratable proficiency programming in Python or Java
• Experience with SQL or Snowflake
• Demonstratable skill in software testing, including testing strategies, unit testing with complete coverage, and integration testing
• Experience with implementation or support of serverless AWS system infrastructure (Lambda, DynamoDB, Aurora PostgreSQL, SNS, SQS, Kinesis, Step Functions)
Top Candidates will also have proven experience in some of the following:
• Relevant AWS Certifications, including Certified Developer Associate
• Proven Cloud solutioning and architecture experience
• Experience creating conceptual and logical data models for SQL and NoSQL databases.
• Knowledge of data technology products and components for Big Data and Cloud (AWS, Data Lakes, and similar).
• Experience with third-party monitoring tools (DataDog, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, and similar)
• Ability to work collaboratively in a complex, rapidly changing, and culturally diverse environment.
• Ability to clearly communicate complex technical ideas, regardless of the technical capacity of the audience.
Brief description of the company
“Think globally, act locally."
We at Localhost are passionate group of tech enthusiasts, with strong software development history and expertise, agile mindset, and DevOps culture. Established in Kosice, Slovakia, we've evolved and grown in 10 years of time, to now be capable of serving the best global brands of the world.
With more than 50 engineers, customer focus, continuous improvement, and growth attitude, we are proud to be the partner to several domestic and world-wide customers.
- Duration Fulltime, trade licence
- Employment Trading license / Working contract
- Salary 2800 Eur /month + Bonus
- Final agreement depends on your skill-set and experience. This is the subject of a partnership agreement during the selection process.
- Location Remote work