ITSM Software Engineer
Information about the position
Job description, responsibilities and duties
- The Cat® Digital group is the digital and technology arm of Caterpillar Inc., responsible for bringing world class capabilities to our products and services. With over one million connected assets worldwide, we're focused on using data, advanced analytics, and AI capabilities to help our customers build a better world.Are you prepared to tackle a challenge of monumental proportions? Cat® Digital is calling all visionaries who are hungry for their next adventure.Now, we're expanding our operations and opening a new branch in Slovakia. Localhost, a dynamic team of tech enthusiasts in Kosice, has partnered with us to serve top global brands. As a member of our growing team, you'll have the opportunity to join us at an exciting time and work on high-impact projects that redefine what's possible in the world of heavy machinery.As an ITSM Software Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the design, development and performance of advanced ITSM Service Delivery reporting. You will apply your knowledge of data sets and programming to support the development and maintenance of applications that support ITSM service delivery metrics.
- Job Duties:
• Support the design, development, testing and deployment of software systems and
applications for ITSM metrics reporting.
• Support the design, development and maintenance of database and records sets used
in the creation and delivery of ITSM metrics reporting.
• Define which data is extracted and the rules by which it is transformed for reporting.
• Works independently to drive application development focused around delivering
business valuable features.
• Maintains high standards of software quality by establishing good practices and habits.
• Develop a structured application/interface code, application documentation, operations
• Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development,
debugging, and testing of application for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and
• Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar
management from time to time.
Employee perks and benefits
- No company bullshits
- Transparent approach and communication
- Professional growth
- Supporting your ideas
- 3x localhost days and 3x sick days
- Flexible working arrangements
- Bonuses at every smashing life events
- Benefit plus budget
- Industry leading Pension plan
Information about the selection process
Your quest to revolutionize the future of heavy machinery awaits. Seize this epic opportunity and join us on a journey that will leave a mark on history! Together, we'll shape the world with fearless innovation and unstoppable grit.
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
English – Upper intermediate (B2)
Number of years of experience:
Personality requirements and skills
College or university degree, technical certification or equivalent experience
• 4 or more years of a progressive career in software engineering and architecture
• Working knowledge of programming languages such as Java, C#, VB.NET, Python and object-oriented programming
• Understanding and experience in SQL and Snowflake data modeling.
• Working knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems
• Must have excellent communication skills and be able to deal with sensitive issues,
mentor, and coach and/or persuade others on new technologies, new applications, or
Top Candidates Will Have:
• Knowledge of software development environments such as DevOps and GIT
• Willingness to learn new programming languages.
• Open-source project contribution
• Experience in multiple business processes or organizations and experience in multiple
IT disciplines is also beneficial.
Brief description of the company
“Think globally, act locally."
We at Localhost are passionate group of tech enthusiasts, with strong software development history and expertise, agile mindset, and DevOps culture. Established in Kosice, Slovakia, we've evolved and grown in 10 years of time, to now be capable of serving the best global brands of the world.
With more than 50 engineers, customer focus, continuous improvement, and growth attitude, we are proud to be the partner to several domestic and world-wide customers.
- Start date ASAP
- Contract type Fulltime / trade licence
- Salary 2500 Eur / month
- Final salary depends on your skill-set and experience. This is the subject of a partnership agreement during the selection process.
- Place of work Remote work