Operations Software Engineer
Information about the position
Job description, responsibilities and duties
- Join Cat Digital's exciting expansion into Slovakia and be a part of our dynamic team that is revolutionizing the heavy machinery industry through digital innovation. We are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about cutting-edge technologies and want to contribute to our global leadership in the field. Don't miss this opportunity to shape our newly forming presence and drive digital product development for a worldwide leader!
- localhost, a dynamic team of tech enthusiasts in Kosice, has partnered with us to serve top global brands. As a member of our growing team, you'll have the opportunity to join us at an exciting time and work on high-impact projects that redefine what's possible in the world of heavy machinery.
What will you do?
- As a Operations Software Engineer you will contribute to development, testing, deployment, maintenance, enhancement, and retirement of software systems and/or data capabilities as well as:• Identify and implement test cases that show the correctness of the implementation.
Implement monitoring, alarms, runbooks to enable support of operations microservices.
• Develop microservices to realize monitoring and automation enabling issue detection and correction.
• Enhance and improve existing microservices to incorporate new functionality and/or improve existing capabilities without impacting the production environment.
• Triaging incidents and defects, identifying root cause and taking corrective action to resolve
• Document design and implementation details with sufficient quality to enable future enhancement efforts.
• Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness.
• Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
Employee perks and benefits
- Transparent approach and communication
- 3x localhost days and 3x sick days
- Flexible working arrangements
- Bonuses at every smashing life events
- Benefit plus budget
- Industry leading Pension plan
- Professional growth
- Supporting your ideas
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
• Computer Science or another relevant field.
• English – Upper intermediate (B2)
Experience in the position/sector
• Experience in software engineering, tier II operations or AWS cloud development.
Personality requirements and skills
• A degree in Computer Science or another relevant field.
• 3 years or more of experience in software engineering, tier II operations or AWS cloud development (Lambda, DynamoDB, Aurora PostgreSQL, SNS, SQS, Kinesis, Step Functions)
• Experience with complex data models, data flows, and grief handling
• Demonstratable proficiency programming in Python, Java or SQL
• Demonstratable skill in software testing, including testing strategies, unit testing with complete coverage, and integration testing
Top Candidates will also have:
• Relevant AWS Certifications, including Certified Developer Associate
• Proven Cloud solutioning and architecture experience
• Experience creating conceptual and logical data models for SQL and NoSQL databases
• Knowledge of data technology products and components for Big Data and Cloud (AWS, Data Lakes, and similara).
• Experience with third-party monitoring tools (DataDog, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, and similar)
• Ability to work collaboratively in a complex, rapidly changing, and culturally diverse environment
• Ability to clearly communicate complex technical ideas, regardless of the technical capacity of the audience
• Comfortable working in a dynamic environment where digital is still evolving as a core offering
Brief description of the company
“Think globally, act locally."
We at localhost are passionate group of tech enthusiasts, with strong software development history and expertise, agile mindset, and DevOps culture. Established in Kosice, Slovakia, we've evolved and grown in 10 years of time, to now be capable of serving the best global brands of the world.
With more than 50 engineers, customer focus, continuous improvement, and growth attitude, we are proud to be the partner to several domestic and world-wide customers.
- Start ASAP
- Contract type Fulltime / trade licence
- Salary 2 800 Eur / month
- Location Remote work
Interested? Introduce yourself, and let's connect.
- Email us and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org